We've had such fun watching Luci's reactions to Mickey (cried), Doofy (what she calls Goofy, cried), Daisy and Donald and Chip and Dale (cried, cried, cried, cried). But Snow White she loves! JT kept asking me why Snow White giggles a lot and has such a high voice. Do you remember that movie? Snow sounds funny compared to the actresses today.
We've met people from all over the USA and Canada, and a few guests from Australia. Several families have passed by speaking languages other than English, French or Spanish, so I guess they are from other places. The crew here are from all over the world. Our wait staff at dinner, Teodor and Martina, are from Bulgaria and Slovakia, respectively. Today's lunch staff were from Singapore, Malaysia and India. Geronimo, our room steward, is from the Philippines. Yes, his name is really Geronimo. I've seen several name tags with Italy, Great Britain, Australia and the USA on them, but most are from other, lesser-known countries.
Sagas of the Boys: Last night, Bryan re-played a group of characters from Peter Pan known as "The Lost Boys." Or rather, "The Lost-and-Soon-to-Be-in-Trouble Boy." The teen program was over at 2 a.m. By 2:35 I was getting worried and woke up John. I called the guest services and a very nice voice named "Kumi" said she would alert the housekeeping staff, tell them Bryan's description and when they find him to tell him to go back to his room. He did return, but after John left searching for him. Kumi told me to call back when Bryan got back or in 30 minutes if he did not and she would alert the security department. I called her once Bryan returned to thank her for her help and she said "if it happens tomorrow night, call again." I told her that "it won't happen again." Bryan heard the bells tolling for himself. It sounded like a death knell. I mean, where does he come off not being where he is supposed to be? I certainly never pulled any stunt like that--oh, wait a minute, never mind, I just remembered an incident that happened in 7th grade....Maybe he does come by it naturally. Guess who is our special travel buddy today? Bryan! (where was he? Playing hide-and-seek with four other 9th graders. He is mortified that we want to meet these people just to make sure they are not axe-wielding mass murderers. We figure he's embarrassed us many times, so we owe him some of that.)
JT has been very good. This cruise has a lot that really floats his boat. Yesterday he learned to break dance while other kids were singing karaoke. He even talked John into a really cool (read: expensive) magic trick set.
The rocking of the boat stopped, finally! Smooth sailing! What is that outside my window? (It is not really a porthole, it is a "veranda," darling.) It looks like Sint Maarten. I guess we are in port, so Luci and I are enjoying the stillness of the boat. I am not walking like a drunken sailor (although I have never seen a drunken sailor). Bryan, John and I went ashore while Luci was in the baby brig and JT was having fun with his Ocean Lab group. We got some souvenirs close to the ship. There are just as many fun things to do on the ship as off. The boys didn't really want to go ashore except to be able to say they've been in a foreign country. I guess they are counting countries like I used to count states. China, Dutch Sint Maarten, etc.
John got me a very nice camera! It's a Pentax Optio W20, with a 1-GB memory card. Cool!
Guess I better go. Luci's napping, and I'm sure it's nearly over. (Don't worry, John's with her.)

No comments:
Post a Comment