Thursday, May 17, 2007

Freaking Out

I've been asked by several people, "Why didn't you take Luci to the doctor?" or, "Didn't you freak out?" or something else similar, about Luci's high fever.


Of Course I freaked out. I prayed that the fever would go down immediately; that the fever would not cause brain damage, and that the fever would not cause a personality change because of the high temp in her brain. The fever did subside, and in about an hour it was only (only! ha!) 102°. Also, it was after 9 pm and we'd have to go to the emergency room, not a good place to be at night. Besides, John had the minivan with the car seat in it, so Luci and I were stuck at home. And I thought maybe, just maybe, this thermometer might not be accurate. But that baby sure was hot to the touch.


Since that night, her fever has fluctuated between 99.7° and 102°, with Luci really not feeling well--she finally ate some Cheerios today, and part of a doughnut. I'll try to get some chicken noodle soup in her later. Another good thing is that her temperature finally is below 99° this afternoon--a nice, respectable 98.6° (which is still about 1° above her usual).


Another thing that freaked me out is this:




I saw this spider (YUCK! SPIDER!) on the window Wednesday and had to take a picture. Is it clear enough for you? The spider is eating a mosquito. I could see the spider actually devouring this mosquito! Looks really cool. The only reason I could deal with this spider is because it is on the other side of the window, and it can't get me!

2 comments:

Denna said...

I think you have had enough scares for two days. I don't know if it is just your camera, or if that spider is really that big. He looks huge.
By the way, I tagged you. If you want to participate, just go to my blog.

Papa said...

Dear Susan,

Didn't I tell you that spiders are our friends? That spider may have saved your family from West Nile virus or malaria!! Eating up mosquitos has to be a good thing!!

Love,
Dad