Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What a Difference a Day Makes

Dolly with a new hair-do. Luci gave us quite a scare yesterday. She had a temperature that started Sunday night and soared to 104.7° yesterday. Took her to the doctor, who could find nothing wrong with her (even did a blood test, and Luci did not cry or protest!). Told to wait and see if she got better by Thursday. Last night (late of course) her temperature soared to 107°! Waited until morning to see if it would go down, and talked myself out of running her to the emergency room. Any fever is unusual for Luci; with all the ear infections she's had (4 or 5 since coming home) she has only run a fever with one of them.



Thank goodness for Prayer and Tylenol. Luci's virus is gone, apparently, because her temp is now near normal--"just" 99.2°. Another indicator of normalcy, she is trying to give her dolly a hair-do (which also indicates she is moving out of the toddler stage). She is also annoying JT by sticking her grubby arm, up to the armpit, in his cereal box.

This is our new thermometer, an Exergen Temporal Scanner Infrared Thermometer (model #TAT-2000C). I could not find our old one, so I got this yesterday at Walmart. It was $34 and some change, about $15.oo cheaper than what I found on the internet when I was looking for this picture. It is so easy to use, I had to share it. Just rub it across the forehead and over the temporal artery (that's on your temple). So easy. Apparently Luci maxed it out yesterday because it only registers up to 107.4°.

1 comment:

Denna said...

Oh my!! That is a very high fever. I would have freaked out. I am glad she is feeling better.