Luci has been asking for dumplings--not the Southern USA version, but the Chinese version. Jiaozi. We've watched a Ni Hao, Kai-lan episode about Chinese New Year and Ye Ye (Grandfather) is making dumplings. So I set about to make some. I wish Jie Jie were here, she showed me how to make them 2 1/2 years ago. I think I did a fair job. Here are a couple of pictures of the dumplings before cooking and one of a cooked dumpling...I think they look better before cooking. Now that I've seen Jie Jie's from two years ago (click here), I can see that mine are sorely lacking! But I still think they look pretty. Just not anything like Jie Jie's.

4 comments:
oh they look so good! I love dumplings too :)
Tina
They look scrumptious! And I'm sure that was a lot of work. Sorry Luci wouldn't eat them; guess the idea of that comfort food was better than the real thing. But we all know that you bring Luci the best comfort in all the world - a mom's hug. And that's way better than a dumpling any day!!!
Those look beautiful! Way to go! I have yet to cook any Chinese or Korean - or Cameroonian for that matter - food in this house! I think you did an awesome job!
Wow Susan! They look awesome!
Post a Comment