Thursday, April 23, 2009

Luci-Speak and Dreams

In-Port-Nent: important

Bidnight: the time Cinderella has to leave the Ball

Orthodontist: Okay, so she gets this one right every time! I don't know how....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Over the last week Luci has had several bad dreams. Stuck in a cage with a dragon. Mommy leaving her. Someone taking her away from Mommy. It has just been awful! Makes night-terrors seem like a piece of cake, because these are true fears. (Well, maybe not the dragon--but she is scared of most dogs; maybe that's where that dream originates.)

Then, once she is awake and in my arms, the sobbing goes from scared Mommy has left to "I miss Daddy...." and it goes on.

Thank goodness we will get to see John the third weekend in May! We all miss John, but Luci misses him the most. We still haven't heard what the next 6 months holds (going back? staying here and done with the trips?) so Luci has only been told that Daddy's coming for a vacation and then going back to work. We just don't know if he'll be at work here or in Af ghan istan. So either way, it's the truth.

2 comments:

Carla said...

oh how that is heartbreaking! {HUG} I hope LucisDada gets to stay HERE in the USofA.

Tina said...

Oh it must be so hard on all of you. Bless your dear husband for serving. I pray the bad dreams go away and that he is home to stay.
Tina