JT was so excited today, to go to camp with his best bud Tyler. It's the first time both have been "on their own" without any family members with them. They are up to the challenge! I was thinking today that next summer perhaps I could volunteer to help out there and then Luci could sleep in a cabin with me, and Bryan and JT could both be campers. Until I tried to get Luci cleaned up (she had gotten into the sand-volleyball pit) and nearly passed out in the heat and humidity before I got into my nicely air-conditioned vehicle. I don't think I'd be a good choice for camp parent.
.
It was a 2-and-a-half-hour trip to camp today. Very easy directions. Until I started home. I got gas in Jasper for $2.19!! But that was my mistake, because I turned right at the gas station and shouldn't have. I ended up in Birmingham, which is the
opposite way from where I need to be, in a rain storm, in a not-favored part of town. With a detour because the on-ramp to the interstate was closed for repairs!
.
So that little mistake cost me
an hour of driving! Good thing that gas was 19 cents cheaper than it is at home.
.
Here are JT, Tyler, Luci and Hannah at camp.

JT getting a big hug from Luci. He wouldn't let me hug him, so I had Luci give him a good one. I did give instructions to the camper:
Please change your underwear every day and take at least one shower sometime between now and when I pick you up on Friday.
JT will find little notes from Luci and me
if he changes his socks every day.
1 comment:
Have a great week JT!
Susan - when I sent Andrew to camp a few years ago I also hid letters in his changes of clothes. He never found them. Ewww!
Post a Comment