Monday, December 14, 2009

What a wimp!

OK, so I spent most of my life in the Western U.S. and traveling through the square states is nothin'. Well, sometimes I have little people doing push-ups in Wyoming....

Today I was reading this article: Top Five Gifts for Road-Tripping Families. The writer (and I hope he's not a cousin of yours or something) extolls this car seat:

It is a wonder, a car seat that will fit your child forever and turns itself into a stroller so you don't have to wake Precious up when you get where you're going. The Sit 'n Stroll car seat system, retailing for $249.95! I can see that this would be oh-so-handy if you fly and have to lug the car seat and kid-who-can't-walk-yet through airports (been there, done that, don't want to do it again).

Then the guy gets to a hang-man game that, honestly, looks like fun. And it's only $12.99.




If your brood includes a tween or bickering siblings you’ve likely come to accept as I have that at times it’s desirable to let them plug in to portable electronics and leave the rest of the family alone.


Of course! Get the electronics out! My parents wish they had these things when they were traveling with five kids. Lucky us, to have these things now so the whining is kept to a minimum.

Now here's the wimpy part:

A small part of me still resists it, though, because driving through a state like Connecticut takes forever and it’s a good opportunity to interact.


Y'all, I checked Google Maps and, any way you travel through Connecticut, it's at the very most only 2 hours and 48 minutes!

1 comment:

Carla said...

LOL!!!! 2 hours and 48 minutes?! You've got to be kidding me?! That's LONG?!

The carseat thing looks okay, but seriously, HOW does one get it OUT of the car without waking the baby?! Huh? I highly doubt it's that useful, except if you fly a lot.