Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Homeschool Convention, Here We Come!

I am getting almost giddy about this weekend...

a trip to Memphis for a huge homeschool convention! The Midsouth Homeschool Convention, to be exact (button on the right).

Can you say BOOK SALE??

WOW.

John probably is hoping I'll leave the credit card at home. (He's allowed to hope!)

Luci and I will be making it a girls' weekend.  John's staying home with the boys, keeping them on task with schoolwork. 

Thursday we are going to the Memphis Zoo--a first visit for both Luci and myself.  She's all excited to see the Panda exhibit.  "But Mommy, we have to walk right past the alligators, they are scary!"  So that's what we'll do.

After the Zoo, we head to the "fancy hotel" and play Eloise and Nanny.   One of my favorite quotes from the Eloise movies is, "Nanny says, 'Life experience is the best education there is!'"

Friday night we have tickets to see Tim Hawkins.  He is hilarious!  Here's a video of his that's one of my favorites.  I think it's been on this blog before, but it's been so long I'm putting it up again.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh! I'd love to see Tim Hawkins! He is SO FUNNY!!!!!! *lol* ... A couple years ago I was doing this homeschool meme thing, and we had to write up our own words to the Homeschool Family song. It was fun! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/