Sunday, June 05, 2011

She said WHAT?

Yesterday, as I was driving Bryan to his ACT test (more on that in a minute), he and Luci were tattling on each other. 

Yes, Luci was along for the ride at 7:15.  Because John was pretending to be asleep when we left home, and so Luci had to come with me.

Anyhow, Bryan tells me that Luci is no fun to babysit.  He was on the list for babysitting because John and I planned to go out for lunch later that day for our anniversary (20 happy years!).

Luci pipes up with, "Mom!  I don't want Bryan to babysit!  I want JT!  Because Bryan makes me watch bad videos, like Star Wars Lego Version!"  Yes, she really starts her sentences with "Because."  Because she learned that from me, her mama.

Bryan fired back with, "You shouldn't tattle on me."

"Oh yeah?  That's how I operate.  That's how my mind works."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, for the ACT test part.  I am Mrs. Calendar, Mrs. Plan-Ahead, I could have run all of the World War II campaigns (Africa, Europe and the Pacific theaters) all at once.  And done it well, too.

So, when it comes time to go on a trip, I pack.  I plan our trip.  I know well ahead of time where we are staying, what we are seeing, how much we can spend, and what to do if some child should have an accident. 

You can imagine my surprise when, about 5 minutes into our 25 minute trip home, Bryan calls me and says, "Uh, Mom, we are one week early.  I don't have to be here until next Saturday!"

NEXT Saturday.

Something tells me he's never going to let me forget this.

But you know the best part?  Some other kid's mom messed up, too.  That kid is the one who let Bryan borrow a cell phone (because you are not supposed to bring one to the test, I confiscated Bryan's) to call me.

1 comment:

Julie said...

It's a good thing that other kid had a cell phone, huh? *lol* ... No, if he's anything like the guys in my house, he's not going to let you live it down. ;)

http://scrapgrrl.com/