Wednesday, July 13, 2011

First Day!

Our school year officially began yesterday.  Here's our annual photo.  I have taken photos each year, measuring them against the hutch to see their growth.  What you see is one boy who grew by leaps and bounds last year!  And yes, he's wearing his pajamas.  On a school day.  Because when you homeschool, you can do that. 

What you don't see:  Bryan, in the background, laughing at the two who must start school.  It was hard for me to see only two kids in the picture this time.  Sniff, sniff. 

Luci began Mandarin Chinese with Rosetta Stone today.  She's so excited about it!  I also began today, with the Mandarin, to keep her company. We use the homeschool version of Rosetta Stone and I love it.  It is almost like a game, and the homeschool version keeps track of everything for me, including scoring.

Bryan completed two years of Spanish (Latin America) with them, and JT completed one year or Spanish.  This year he's working on Korean.  Someday he wants to go to South Korea and train further in Tang Soo Do, so Korean is his big interest right now.  This shows a screen in the Mandarin lesson from today.


Here are some blasts from the past, showing how the kids have grown.

 1997  Only one student that year! 


 2007  I absolutely LOVE Luci in this photo.

2008


 2009

1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the photos by the hutch! What a good idea!!! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com