Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
Ever a child can do!
Up in the air and over the wall,
Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
Over the countryside--
Till I look down on the garden green,
Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
Up in the air and down!
That's one of the poems, written by Robert Louis Stevenson, that I memorized 'way back when. It's what came to mind today as John put in this marvelous swing for Luci.
And, I recited it as the kids
It's right next to Luci's tree house, and sails out over the hill and meadow below. The ropes are 20 feet long! A good, wonderful swing.
And, of course, the neighbor's dopey dog, Gator, joined us. He had just played in the creek and came over, all smelly and wet. (oh joy)

3 comments:
Dear Susan,
I've always loved that poem, especially when you said it!!
Love,
Dad
Awesome swing!!! And I love the carving too. :)
http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/
That's one of our favorite poems, too.
Post a Comment