Saturday, July 14, 2012

This Week

We are still getting plenty of use out of the easel that Mom and Dad gifted to us a while back.  Luci made a checklist of things for her to do during her day:

Slep  (sleep--get out of bed in the morning)
Et      (eat)
Play   (I think you can figure this one out!)
Slep  (sleep --go to bed at night)
Chorz  (chores)

Please, someone tell me:  How can she spell phonetically but not be able to read?

Luci grabbed my camera and had a photo shoot with her Barbie and Ken dolls...

Not too shabby of a photographer, huh?

I've been canning or freezing many things that John has grown in his garden.  I learned that I should not have cut the banana peppers because it looks a lot like canned calamari.

We have so many pickles (the cucumbers did quite well!) that I told John, "No more!"  He brought in two dozen cukes last week and I nearly cried.  We've started giving them away.

3 comments:

free_to_dream said...

Just wanted to let you know that I mentioned your blog on my blog in a list of blogs I read. (Yours is number one.)

Sarah

Unknown said...

I think Luci has a knack for photography! As an aspiring artist, I can say that the ability to make sense of the haphazard language we speak has no bearing on our intellect. I have always depended on context clues to get me through my day, and I am an avid reader. However, the books I love to read and get lost in have to engage my imagination and/or my passion.

jill said...

Nice photo shoot. Clint used to do that with stuffed animals!

I wish I could buy some of your pickles!!!!!