Sunday, May 12, 2013

Where to Take Mama for Lunch?

Isn't that the great question for Mother's Day?  Who wants to cook? Not the kids, that's for certain.

This Mother's Day is the second or third (I think it's the third) that John has missed with his overseas trips.  The first one (and I think it's two) were spent in war zones.  This year he's on a church mission trip in the South Pacific. 

So, I learned that first Mother's Day spent without John that the BEST place to eat lunch on Mother's Day is at a fast food place.  We went to Fazoli's and had a fun time, and watched many, many people waiting in the rocking chairs at the Cracker Barrel across the street. 

The second Mother's Day John was gone was (and I think this is the right memory) spent in Idaho with my mom.  I think we had a big grilled lunch at my brother's house that year.

This year, John's working hard in the beautiful South Pacific and we are home alone.  But not to worry.  I made plans!

The Sunday before John left, I told everyone at lunch one day what I wanted to do for Mother's Day.  Here is how the lecture speech conversation went:


Me:  For Mother's Day this year, Taco Bell, I want to go to Taco Bell.  Dad Taco Bell does not like Taco Bell Mexican food,  so going when he's gone Taco Bell is a good idea.  The regular  Taco Bell restaurants Taco Bell will be crowded.  Taco Bell is my choice Taco Bell.  That's where Taco Bell I want to go, Taco Bell, for you to treat me Taco Bell to a lunch that I will enjoy, Taco Bell, and that, even though you Taco Bell are taking me, I will happily pay for Taco Bell.  Do you know where I want to go? Taco Bell

Luci:  McDonald's!







No comments: