Saturday, June 08, 2013

Chaperone

Yes, we've been married for twenty-two years, but we still need a chaperone.  

Or, that's what we got anyways when our babysitter fell through.  Luci went to lunch with us on our anniversary date.



She got to hear a couple of stories about our wedding and where it took place.  Such sweet memories from the early years of our marriage!

Story One:

Our wedding was just for family, in an old church set on the campus of Boise State University.  The family was inside, waiting for the Bride (me!) and the Father of the Bride (Dad!) to enter. 

A young lady walked up to the chapel and tried to get in.  I asked her why was she there?  She said her friend was getting married at 11 a.m., and she wanted in to watch. 

I said, "I'm the bride, and I don't know you.  You're at the wrong wedding."

She left, a bit confused.

Story Two:

I wanted to get John a fantastic Christmas present a few years after that.  A local man, Ford Brown, made quite a name for himself making bird houses that looked just like Alabama historical places.  Quaint barns, little cottages, small shops.  I found out where he lived and went to his home with pictures of the little church in Boise.  I hoped he would make something not-from-Alabama, and have it done by Christmas (months away at that point). 

Happily, he said yes, but the price was way beyond what I could scrape up.  One hundred dollars!  I left, quite sad.

On Christmas Day, I got the best present ever from John...a birdhouse made by Ford Brown, to look just like our little wedding chapel!
 The day I got this sweet gift (that's JT):



 And where it lives now:










No comments: