Thanks.
New Year's Eve and New Year's Day traditions. What do you do for these?
New Year's Eve we are total party animals.
We start a 500-1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle and work to finish it by midnight. (When I say "we," I mean mostly John. I am ready for bed by 10 pm.) Whomever helps gets to sign the back of the puzzle after we ModPodge it together. It'll be hung in the basement hallway later.
Party food for New Year's Eve consists of Velveeta-Rotel dip with tortilla chips, stuffed dates (cram a walnut half into a pitted date and then roll it in powdered sugar), popcorn balls (made like Rice Krispie Treats), and sparking grape juice (thanks Welch's, for making me feel guilty as I walk through WalMart with my bottle of bubbly, afraid that someone from church will think I'm buying wine).
Puzzles from years past:
New Year's Day
We sleep in, because that's what wild and crazy people like us do.
This year for our New Year's Lunch we will have grilled pork chops, four bean salad (one of the beans will be black eyed peas for good luck--here's a recipe that is nearly identical to mine), turnip greens (for money in the new year) and corn bread.
Do you have special traditions? I'd love to hear them!




No comments:
Post a Comment