Saturday, August 31, 2019

Does she look like her father?

Some of you may remember when Luci was newly home: the story of the woman at Walmart who kept asking about Luci. She could not understand, or perhaps could not hear, that Luci was adopted. The woman kept asking, "Does she look like her father?"

Finally I said, "Yes!" and she was satisfied.

Now, fast forward to yesterday. Luci and I were in Dollar Tree, and were being entertained by a very energetic four year old. The grandmother and I were talking and I said, "This is my baby--so calm--after two rowdy boys."

The woman wanted to know if I did fostering, implying that Luci was not my child. I can see how she'd think that. But my response was, "She's mine. She looks like her father!"

Luci and I held it together until we got outside and had a good giggle.

Luci and Bryan on a field trip Thursday

No comments: