Tuesday, July 18, 2006

J.T.'s Birthday Party

J.T.'s birthday party was Saturday. It was the easiest party I've ever given for the boys' birthdays--just cake and ice cream, goody bags made from things we had on hand already, and let the kids play in the apartment complex pool. Well, maybe Bryan's was easier than that--have his friends spend the night.
On the side of the pool, from left: Bryan, Nathan Riley, J.T., Rachel #1, Casey Brooke, Hannah, Rachel #2. In the water, from left: Bradley, Britt and Tyler.

J.T.'s birthday cake--a helmet-shaped cake, decorated with icing tinted with cocoa powder and chlorophyll. J.T. wanted to be a sergeant, hence the ranking on the helmet. I had the night-vision goggle party hats and dog tags in my party box--all ready for the big day. I got the idea and directions for making the cake on the internet, but I don't have access to the web address right now. It was easy to do, and according to one friend, it turned out "so awesome." And no, John, I did not bake this in your Kevlar helmet!! But it looks like I did, and it tastes better than that. :)

No comments: