We are at the end of the cruise. Bryan is determined to stay up all night with his new buds. We saw two pretty girls chasing him around the pool deck yesterday (yes, I got a pic of them--for future bribery uses). J.T. paged us and told us he'd rather eat dinner with his Oceaneer Lab group tonight. They both have really had a good time with the youth programs.
We spent today on Castaway Cay in the Bahamas. It is a tiny island directly north of Nassau. Disney owns it, and does the Bahamas up well. They had a super barbecue lunch there today--John had a grilled salmon sandwich. Too bad I am not fond of seafood. All three boys had ribs, too.
Luci had her first encounter with the ocean and sand today. She loved it! It was a cool day--73* and the water was cool, too, but that didn't stop our kids. They had a ball going out to the jungle gym in the bay, riding on big inner tubes we rented. It was a great day. We used lots of sunscreen but still got some sun. Luci turned out to be a brown little bear.
Found out tonight there are 58 countries represented here by the crew on the ship.
Last night we had rough seas, according to channel 12. That meant waves up to 13 feet high. I thought it was a bit rougher, since at one point in the night I got up to go to the head and kept running into the bulkhead. (Ask Dad B. what those mean.)
We leave early tomorrow--I wondered if they would serve us breakfast, and they will--we are in the early seating at dinner so we are also the early seating tomorrow for breakfast! 6:30!! That is O-Dark-Thirty for you military types.
There were a couple of things I wanted to remember to tell in The Blob, but I can't remember them now. If I do happen to remember them later, I'll blog it later. By the way, I did mean to call this The Blob--Mom used to call it that sometimes, and I like that name. It has character. Mom always told me that some things build character.

2 comments:
Have a safe trip home and hurry and post pictures!!!
Sonya
Susan, thanks for sharing your trip! I hope you had a wonderful vacation! Brought back alot of memories from our trip two summers ago. We are on the verge of booking the eastbound repositioning cruise in August 2008. KatieA.
Post a Comment