We still have an area that is not progressing well, and that is sleeping through the night. I guess that is the "pains" part of today's story. Luci had slept through the night 4 or 5 times before we left our old house. Some of that might have been due to her sleeping in our bedroom (in her own crib), where I could whisper, "hush, it's all right, you can sleep." In the apartment, she did not sleep through the night even once. Part of that might have been because her cries would wake more than just John and me, she might wake others in 3 apartments, so I would respond to the noise she made more quickly by picking her up.
Now we are in the house, and have been for almost 3 months now. Luci has only slept through the night once (and what a nice thing that was!) but we are waiting for more. Many families with children from China report that one of the parents ends up sleeping in the child's room, on the floor. So that is where I am sleeping now. Last night we moved the mattress from Bryan's trundle bed into Luci's room (it is a tight squeeze with both of the beds!) and Luci was only up once. Once is better than twice, which is the normal thing here. I am tired, and this is the latest in the quest for 1: for Luci to sleep through the night, and 2: for me to get enough sleep to make it through the next day feeling sane. (Which leads to 3: a happier family!)

No comments:
Post a Comment