Friday, February 16, 2007

School Days

People are always curious about what we do when we homeschool--so here is a glimpse.




JT does, well, schoolwork!


Luci does whatever she can get away with. Here she is looking out the front door's window. If you can tell me what my camera did to this photo, and how to fix it, I would appreciate it. Don't know why it does that occasionally.


Luci found some table items--a cloth napkin is on her head and the netting is a "keep bugs away" item a lady in Zimbabwe made for me. (The lady was a World Bible School student of mine. A group from our church went to Zimbabwe and this lady, Saziso, gave the cloth to one of the ladies to bring to me. I love it!) This is also another one of Luci's "take my picture!" photos.
No, I don't make Luci dust mop. She loves doing it! She found one of JT's slippers to wear with one of her own. When I looked at this picture while putting it on a CD, I was very happy to notice NO dust bunnies in the background. One of the things I don't do very well when homeschooling is housework. So, no dust bunnies is a very nice surprise. (And, no, I don't think Luci did such a fantastic job that she got the dust bunnies herself.)


If you can't find Luci, look in the cabinets.

Or, look for her emptying the cabinets. This is one of my favorite parts of this new house (one of many favorites, actually)--a pantry closet very close to the kitchen. John wondered why I wanted shelving in the coat closet, but every woman who has seen it has loved it.

And here is Bryan, already done with today's lessons. I'm lucky to get a shot of him in something other than pajamas. Bryan loves telling folks that his favorite thing about homeschooling is going to school in his pajamas.

No comments: