Friday, November 23, 2007

I Said I Wasn't Going to Do It, But I Did....

John took the boys to his folks' in South Carolina (pictures soon) and Luci and I stayed home (because of female problems, and that's too much information to be giving out here!).

Anyway, Kathy's family, the Van Dykes, invited Luci and me to eat dinner with them yesterday. It was a hoot! And the food was good, too. They are just as nutty as the Willinghams and the Bryans. They had an Aunt Marie, an Uncle Sam, and a few other familiar characters. It was just like being with our own family, so Thank You very much for letting us be a part of it all yesterday.

The Big Question came up, about going shopping on The Day After Thanksgiving. We all proclaimed, "No Way! That is for the fanatics."

Guess what Luci and I did on the way home from the Van Dykes'? We went to Walmart! Luci needed a new coat and I got the ingredients to make John's favorite holiday side dish, Ambrosia. That was Thursday, early evening. Wal-Mart was not crowded at all (the full and the sane people stayed home).

And then, today, we did it again. We went to Verizons to see about changing my phone up (didn't do that, phone contract was not over--but there was parking in the Verizons lot in the Mall parking lot). Then we went to Lolly Lobby (Hobby Lobby craft store, for those of you who don't understand Luci-ese). We got some stocking hangers that spell out J-O-Y (half-price!); we'll see if Luci bonks herself on the head with these. We also went to Linens-N-Things in the Target shopping center (no problem finding parking, even though the lot was pretty full). We got some decorations (40% off!) to put on the front porch. The hard part was trying to catch up with Luci in that store--the aisles are not really big enough for their buggies and when you have a 3 year old who would rather go that way instead of this way, it can get pretty exciting. But still not as exciting as Luci opening the door to the pick-up as we were tooling down County Road 47 at 45 miles an hour!

2 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

oh I am sure it was fun momma and daughter time! I love getting to go with just my girls from time to time... I love alone time with each child actually...

Julie Young said...

No way...Luci opened the door while you were driving. Can we say scared to death!!