If you've ever had your babies around my Dad, your kids have probably been blessed to have "Papa" sing a special little song to them. (Connor, I remember very well hearing Papa sing it to you so long ago!) It's called Mighty Like a Rose, written by Frank L. Stanton, and you can find version #2 of the original lyrics if you click on that title.
I've changed them a little bit for Luci, and I sing this to her often as I rock her to sleep. She surprised me a few weeks ago by singing it with me, and here's what we recorded today:
Luci's version:
Sweetest little girl. . . anybody knows.
Don't know what to call her, but she's mighty like a rose.
Looking up at Mommy, Sweet as she can be,
Makes me think that Heaven is sitting here with me.

3 comments:
We LOVE it!!
Thanks for having Luci sing that song for us.
Love,
Papa
How sweet! Thanks for sharing.
precious!
Post a Comment