Today I peeked into Luci's Sunday School class before it began. Luci has a 3 year old friend in there named Piper. Piper's parents were at the same informational meeting we went to the day we started paperchasing for Luci. They decided to go the state-side route to adopt and now have an adorable little girl. We (as you know) went the foreign route for Luci, going to China. I don't ever think about Piper's being adopted because she "matches" her parents--Caucasian. Could be their biological daughter. Luci, however, is in this Irish-looking family! Very obvious.
Piper's daddy was in the room with the girls, waiting for the teacher, and told Piper that Luci was adopted, too. When I peeked in, the two girls were bouncing around the room, singing, "You were adopted, I was adopted!" over and over. So sweet, to know these girls will have this bond throughout their growing up in this church family.

3 comments:
Oh how special! That is so wonderful for Luci to have a friend like that.
So sweet!!
Monica
so SWEET!!!!!
Post a Comment