I just had to include this photo--all of these are unretouched. This was taken several hours later, near sunset. The sun came out for a few minutes. We had one more band of rain come through after this shot for a total of about 2 inches of rain today. Amazing color!
Ashley, a young girl from Luci's province of China (Guizhou), has begun modeling and acting. She is 4, like Luci, and lives far away from here. I know Ashley and her mom through our blogging...and this is a product of Ashley's modeling career! A doll from Toys R Us has Ashley's photo on the package.
We are really tickled for Ashley!
Now for the "toy" part of the post: A VitaMix blender! I figured that if I make Luci's rice milk for her, I will have saved enough to cover the cost of this machine in less than a year. (It's already paid for, but that alone will recoup the cost.) Here is the first thing made: Banana Ice Cream! You can let it harden in the freezer, or have it right away--these were really terrific milk shakes! (Yes, it was made with dairy and not Luci's rice milk...so I'll start that next.)

2 comments:
Hi! i was very touch i saw luci holding the doll, that was very nice of you posting it on your blog, it is ok give out my email or my blog. i will keep you post on more toys she will be on soon. the doll is cute, ashley loves to play with it. thank you!
Great update. I'm going to check out the link for the model from Guizhou! Our Guizhou girls are all beautiful!!
Post a Comment