.
The brochure told parents to pick up kids between 10 and noon. I got there right at 10 and JT and Tyler were the only campers left! Tyler's mom got there a few minutes after I did. Thank goodness I wasn't the absolutely last parent there. Thanks for keeping me from having that distinction, Amanda! (but sorry you got that title!)
.
Luci was more than ready to get JT. The whole trip down there, she kept saying, "I love JT. JT is my best brother." (No, Bryan was not in the car!) Such a happy girl!
.
Later Friday we had a military family support group at our YMCA. I'm really thankful that they started this up last winter because this YMCA group is the only support group we've had for all of John's trips. The nature of his trips, being plucked from his group and attached to other units (the last 3 being the Corps of Engineers), there never was a near-by group for our family to associate with. Support groups are incredibly important and we've missed out every time. It is different when you have a whole group of families with one mission in common. Shoals YMCA, I am grateful for your help!
.
Here is Luci after the meeting, finishing up her drink as the mamas talked outside on the porch.

1 comment:
It is great to see kids having fun or who have had a lot of fun - I wish that they had camps in Australia like kids do here in the US...
Post a Comment