Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snow Day!

This really should be called "Almost Snow Day." Schools in all of north Alabama were shut down for today, and some for tomorrow. All because one inch of snow was predicted. Yes, ONE INCH. We have maybe, just maybe, one-third of an inch at our house.

Just enough to make a snow angel that shows up. So JT and Luci bundled up and went outside.

After a little while, I heard this soft tapping on the back door. Now, don't look at the dirty door. We have kids, after all, and they touch things. But can you see the pink thing at the bottom right of the door? That is Luci, and she wanted in. All I could see was the top of her head. Her gloved hands could not turn the knob.


Here's how a clever young man gets enough snow together to make a snowball:



And then he tosses it for joy!

1 comment:

Snapshot said...

that looks like our area! LOL I was laughing so hard at what constituted a panic. However, we did "redneck sledding" and photos will be posted to facebook soon (and possibly the blog)