Thursday, May 20, 2010

BMW for BGW

Bryan got a car.  This is his 18th birthday present.  Birthday's not until July, but the opportunity was there (thanks to tax returns and a cousin of John's in Cullman). 
.
So far, so good. 
.
I'm praying all the time.
.
April Fool's story from 1992...I was pregnant with Bryan, knew he was a boy, and knew we were naming him my maiden name and John's mother's maiden name (so, BGW).  I called my parents on April first of that year, and told them that we decided we were going to name the baby "Bryan Matthew."   That way, we could always have a BMW in the house.   We had decided to call him "Beamer." 
.
We stuck with the original initials, of course.  But now we have a Beamer, too.

1 comment:

Maryellen said...

Now that BGW is about to be a man, is he off to school or will he hand home for a bit yet? Just asking now that I have all these teens in my own house! I wonder how it will go in the next couple of years. Oy. It goes was too fast!