Saturday, June 05, 2010

Wish I had this much self-confidence...

This morning Luci and I went to Frontier Days at Pope's Tavern.  As we parked, Luci said,

"I know everyone is going to see what a beautiful daughter I am."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We saw a woman spinning wool into yarn; another weaving a seat on a child's chair (I got her card so I can call her later about fixing my little red rocker); a man weaving baskets; a uniformed somebody (didn't get to talk to him so I am not sure "who" he is supposed to be--perhaps Mr. Pope?); a spinning wheel (just like Sleeping Beauty's, Mama!), and child's clothing.


There were also potters, woodcarvers and jewelers.  Luci also got to play with some clay.  Here she is making a ball, Chinese noodles, a cookie, and finally the clay turned into a bowl after spinning on the potter's wheel.

No comments: