Bryan and John landed in Honiara, Guadalcanal, Solomon Islands on Tuesday, Honiara time. They are 17 hours ahead of us here at home. Because of their destination, John taught a series of lessons to our boys about World War II, the Pacific Theater. So not only is Bible being lived out this week, but also Bryan is learning and seeing first hand one of the great, tragic battle sites of WWII.
Here is the email I got from John this morning. I kept asking about Bryan (my baby!) because John kept leaving word about him out of his emails:
Hi darling,I can't wait to hear Bryan's stories!
Bryan is doing good. He went with three other people to a village today. David B and I stayed here and taught Bible lessons. Bryan is sleeping right now. They had to hike about a half mile into the bush to reach a village. He will be going back tomorrow. The whole village is supposed to come out for the Bible lessons. We are staying at the Solomon Kitano Mendana Hotel in Honiara. I hope you had a good day. Everyone is healthy. We will leave in about an hour to start the night meeting with the congregation.
Love you
John
Here is their hotel. According to reviews, they have renovated some rooms. I sure hope they got into one of the newly renovated rooms.

2 comments:
Glad they are doing well. Thanks for the updates!
What an amazing thing they are doing! I'm glad all is well! :)
http://scrapgrrl.com/
Post a Comment