Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Daily Bible Reading....Or, Daily Bible Luci-isms

We are reading through The One Year Bible.  I've read it through several times with the boys; now it's Luci' turn to hear God's Word all the way through.  I have this version on my Kindle.  It is so handy!  I love it.
Luci bounces around while I read; I don't mind too much, as long as she does not make noise and as long as she listens.  I have proof that she is listening--these Luci-isms!

You all know about Merv, mentioned here

Do you know about these?

Reading on January 3, we got to Noah and his sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth. 

Luci:  Ha ha!  Japheth is a funny name.  And I like Ham.  We eat Ham a lot here!

This one, though, takes the cake.  January 8th  brought this verse:

Abraham is trying to save Lot's city and says to the Lord, "Since I have begun, let me speak further to my Lord, even though I am but dust and ashes."

Luci:  Butt Dust!  He had Butt Dust!

And the rest of that night's reading was nearly impossible with my laughter and her squeals.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

So glad I found your blog! I love all the stories about Luci. She's too funny!!

Julie said...

That's so funny! She isn't the first kid to take note of the "butt dust". *lol* ... There is a joke floating around the internet that is quite similar. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/