Saturday, July 30, 2011

Our Week

We processed another pumpkin. This latest one weighed 7.4 lbs. I don't think there are any more pumpkins left in the garden. 

I took Luci to our closest splash pad.  That's a fancy term for a place where water squirts up through the ground.  It was lots of fun for Luci.  I still got some sunburn, even though I sat in the shade the whole time.  I also got to visit with a homeschool mom, Sara, as we watched our kids play.  That part was fun for me.
One thing we learned is that a kid can get an accidental enema from these jets.  Poor Luci. I did get her to the bathroom before the explosion hit, and I was able to clean her up in the van.  Good thing there were some extra clothes in the van.  The next night on the local news, there was a story on E Coli contamination in area splash pads.  How timely!  Testing the Waters, Channel 19. 



Thursday, after working at the Friendship Center, Luci and I headed to Huntsville to get a Smurf at Build a Bear Workshop.  They were out of girl Smurfs, so that was a bust.  Except that Luci ended up with a teddy bear instead, which cost half as much as a Smurf, so we both were happy.  We visited Redstone Arsenal to get groceries at the Commissary, so it was not all about Smurfs.  We did some good stocking up, too.

Luci's highlight of the day (since the Smurf was AWOL) was riding the Cow-levator.  What's that, you ask?  It's the elevator at the mall that has a Chik-Fil-A cow painted on the door.  She kept telling me she wanted to ride the Cow-levator...I didn't even remember the cow.  But she did.
When she told me she wanted to ride the ask-a-lator, I figured that one out much more quickly.

1 comment:

Carla said...

One day you are so going to have to let me know when you come this way....seriously.