Luci and I both have reactions to gluten. She gets eczema, and I, well, I won't bore you with icky details. JT has presented some symptoms that I finally connected to gluten and so we are now gluten free.
I've been busy this past week--baking up a storm!
These are rolls made from Pamela's Amazing Wheat Free and Gluten Free Bread Mix. JT proclaimed them just as good as the rolls at Logan's Roadhouse. Made me happy to hear that.
I also used the Pamela's mix to make some cornbread for making into dressing. Since we're Southerners, and my Mom grew up down here, cornbread dressing is the way to go!
JT realized that gluten free living meant that the Girl Scout cookies that Luci sells will be off-limits to him. Oh, that was a sad day when he figured that out! So, being the good mama I am (or am aiming to be, anyways), I found a gluten free version of Thin Mints, which are JT's favorites.
I wish you had a scratch and sniff computer, because, wow, these are good! Taste like the real thing. Not only gluten free, but these Thin Mint lookalikes are also all natural!
I can't wait for JT to get home and try these cookies. He's on a church trip with John and will be back tomorrow evening. I'll let you know how the taste-test goes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, and that sleeping in the big bed thing with Luci?? I did jinx myself. The very next night she woke up at 4:30 and slept the rest of the night under her bed. Because her room is too tiny for us to sleep next to each other next to the bed, she had to be under the bed. Good thing it's got a good clearance for her sweet head when she sits up!

1 comment:
Pamela's is a life saver when you're newly gluten free. Everyone who has tried anything I've made with them loves them - gluten free or not. =D
You are the best mom! Your cookies look amazing - I hope to try them later this week. Bet he loves them!
Post a Comment