Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bless Her Heart.

That's what you say when someone is having great troubles ("Look, that lady just fell down while holding a grocery bag full of eggs...bless her heart") or when someone just isn't all there mentally:

Luci is invited to a birthday party tomorrow afternoon.  I told her that Sami has invited her to her birthday party at the skating rink!  Doesn't that sound like fun?

Mommy, how can I go to her party when it isn't my birthday?

(Now see, this is when you say, "Bless her heart.")


Since the party is at the skating rink, the birthday food will be pizza and a cake.  Luci will have just eaten lunch, so skipping the pizza should be easy.  But cake?   

M-o-o-o-o-o-m-m-m-m-m-y!  I have to have cake!

So today I made a batch of Betty Crocker Gluten Free Vanilla Cake Mix into cupcakes (the box makes 12), and frosted them with Glossy Chocolate Frosting (the recipe is in my Betty Crocker cook book, if you want to borrow it ☺). 
 
They turned out great!  Really yummy.

No comments: