We are on our journey to Idaho to see my folks. With me are JT and Luci; John stayed home with Bryan. They almost had to stay home...have you seen a Prius automobile? Fitting three people in, with their luggage, is just enough. A fourth person would burst the seams of the vehicle. Put all five of us in the car for the trip to church (the only time all five of us are in the car together) and when we get there, you can see us pile out like clowns at the circus.
Well. I love my Prius. Bryan and JT make fun of it, but I don't care. I get awesome mileage! The mileage will be what gets regular folks to buy it, not the lower-emissions/save the Earth thing. Lower emissions are a bonus, not the selling point for me. And it's cheaper than the Honda Odyssey minivan we used to have.
It has a built-in GPS with a map like a little TV screen. That works great most of the time. Two places where the GPS fails are 1) it does not estimate travel time well when going on state roads (like our county roads in Alabama, and today through western Tennessee); and 2) it is hard to get the little genie inside to re-route the trip easily. For instance, today I wanted to go from Corinth, MS, through Jackson, TN, and Dyersburg, TN up to Missouri. The little booger wanted me to go through Memphis (an hour longer!) and did not like me going a different way. I had to call John and get him to look on maps.google.com to tell me which state road went to Jackson and on to Dyersburg. The machine will let you put in extra stops along the way--but it wants a street address; you cannot just input a city's name and have it take you there. I could not just put in "Dyersburg." I finally figured out how to get around that--I had the machine search for McDonald's in Dyersburg, it found three, and I clicked on one. Voila! We made it to Dyersburg without being routed through Memphis.
I was so frustrated. JT and Luci kept busy with their TVs and Gamecube console, so did not mind the detours.
I minded. At one point, I was quite lost in Jackson. We found ourselves in, shall we say, interesting parts of town.
Going down one street, I told the kids, "Close your eyes!" because, on the right, were the first prostitutes I'd ever seen. It was quite obvious that they were ladies of the evening. But come on! It was only 11:00 a.m.!
Luci did not obey--her eyes were wide open.
Her question: Are they going to the Prom?

1 comment:
I'd be like, "Yes,sweetie, they ARE going to the prom!"
So far our GPS has been nice to us... As long as we're not pulling our 26 foot trailer. Sometimes the shortest route, that it wants us to take, are small, windy, dirt roads that we have no business pulling a trailer on. *lol* ... So we make "Sarah" mad at us when we stick to the main roads. (Sarah is what the kids named the GPS.) She is constantly yelling "Recalculating! Recalculatin!" *rofl*
http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/
Post a Comment