Thursday, January 31, 2013

Luci-isms

This has been a productive week for my creator of Luci-isms (that's Luci, if you weren't too sure).

First:

Luci was in the bathroom, um, going to the bathroom, when I heard her yell hysterically:

Mama!  Come quick!  Mama!  Come quick!

I thought that perhaps she didn't get there in time and needed some help.

Mama!  Quick!  

She had a magazine in her hands, and said,

I think I read something!

She did, too!  She read part of a hair color ad.  She was so proud, and so am I.  It's been a long road, lots of phonics and sight words, and nearly every reading program known to man, and now the lightbulb has come on and the reading has started!

Second:

When Life gives you Lemons,

You make something with the Lemons.

Third:

JT and Luci were playing, when Luci came running and fussing to me.

Mama!  JT is saying bad words.  He is calling me names!  He said, he said, he said I was a (whispering this last word)   democrat!

No comments: