Monday, August 19, 2013

Back to School Ice Cream Social

Our church prays for each student and teacher, and all the support personnel as the new school year begins.  This has been a tradition for several years.  Different men, involved in schools somehow, take turns praying for preschoolers, elementary kids, junior high and high school kids, college kids, and all those who work with them.

John was given the assignment last night to pray for the homeschoolers.  As "principal" of our school here at our house, he was qualified as a school leader and prayed for the small group of homeschoolers at our church.

At the end, we have an ice cream social!  Or, as the preacher put it, "Let's get these kids sugared up for school in the morning!"  (paraphrased, but that's pretty close to what Bro. Frank said!)

Luci with Rachel.  I told Luci to "sit still!" and this is what I got.
 Betty scooping up her homemade ice cream.  It was great!


Luci looking too grown up in her mod dress.



Luci with Lyric


JT even stood still for me!


And the happy (?) JT with Bryan this morning, on the first day of a new college year.  JT's taking a dual-enrollment course, which means he is still in high school and the course counts for both college and high school.  Pretty neat!  Bryan is ready for his new year of study, or maybe he's just fooling his mama. 

I think it's pretty nice that they both still pose for me.

Here is the very first time Bryan posed for me:  His very first day of Kindergarten in 1997:

and now he's almost as tall as that hutch! 

Sometimes, at least one of my children needs a reminder that I am a real teacher (okay, sometimes I need that reminder, too!):



Notice that it says it does not expire--it is a teaching certificate for life.  Texas quit giving those out not long after I got this.  So thankful to have it!

No comments: