One of Luci's favorite DVDs is a Rolie Polie Olie movie--about a little robot family. Tonight in church, the song leader said we were going to sing, Holy, Holy, Holy and Luci got all excited and said (quite loudly), "Rolie Polie Olie!!" So now every time we sing that song, I will think Rolie Polie Olie! John's been gone the past two weekends with the Army Reserves, and will spend next weekend working with them, too. Tonight John told me that Col. R. appreciates me. (I beamed.) And, Col. P. appreciates me. (I'm sensing a trend here.) And Gen. E. appreciates me. (ok, now I'm suspicious.) I ask John, "do they appreciate me, personally, or spouses in general?" Spouses in general. Aha. Thought so.
Luci got a princess umbrella (is there any other kind?) a few weeks ago. She's been carrying it around the house, telling me, "We need rain!" Finally, we got some and Luci enjoyed it to the max! JT joined her, and they had a fun time.

Luci's finding story reminds me of the story of Moses--left in a basket, hoping someone kind would find the child. Today I was cuddling with Luci so she'd go to sleep for her nap. She told me she wanted "to have a tea party with Moses." I can't think of anyone more appropriate (excepting Christ, of course) for Luci to ask to be her friend.
Since getting into a toddler bed, Luci's had some rough times...her bed keeps tossing her out! I've found her kneeling on the floor with her head on the bed, and last week she had slipped off the bed entirely and all that you could see were her feet sticking out from under the bed. She looked like one of the witches on the Wizard of Oz--you know the one, the witch with ruby slippers who had the house fall on top of her.
When JT was about 4 years old, he'd climb up into our bed in the middle of the night and proceed to do his windmill impression: arms and legs everywhere, usually in a kidney or a face. It was miserable! Finally he quit getting into our bed. But, when John's on his trips, JT and Luci sometimes make their way into our big bed. JT and Luci were there last night and it was PAYBACK time! Look what I found when I got up:

1 comment:
LOL! Feet N Face!
We played in the rain that day too!
It is such a strange thing to see falling from the sky! So not use to it!
Sonya
Post a Comment