Monday, September 24, 2007

Moon Festival

The moon is pretty special to Luci and me (and I hope to John, Bryan and JT). Every time we see the moon, Luci and I blow kisses to it, knowing her China momma will see the same moon we see. We say:

Thank you, China...
...for giving us Luci!
Thank you, China-Momma...
...for giving Luci life!
...for giving her a happy personality!
...for giving her beauty!
September 25th is the date for the 2007 celebration of the Chinese Moon Festival. The Chinese celebrate their harvest with food and the usual item is a moon cake.
You can get these filled with lotus bean--red bean paste or green bean paste, and other fillings. Last year we tried the traditional red bean paste and then went straight for the good stuff--Moon Pies! And that's what I have on hand for Tuesday's celebration.
Did you know there was a Moon Pie celebration, as well? The 13th Annual RC Cola and Moon Pie Festival was held on June 16, 2007 in Bell Buckle, Tennessee. Hey! It's only 98 miles from our house. Maybe we'll get there next year.

No comments: