Thursday, September 04, 2008

One of Those Days

Today I took the kids to the Army base to get our ID cards renewed. 75 miles away. One way. My card expires next week, Bryan's at the end of the month, and JT has never had a card, but he's eligible. So, off we trotted this morning. Early.

We get to the office and the lady tells me we need our Sponsor. That's the military family member--and John was not with us. Frantic, I get Bryan to call John, who just happens to be in Huntsville today--usually he's not--and he was only a few miles from us. Good! The last few times I've been in this office, John has been overseas and the pile of papers I always carry with me have sufficed. I had no idea he was actually needed here. John said he was glad that *somebody* needed him!

While we are waiting for John, Luci demonstrates to the entire assembly of soldiers that she understands the nature show we saw the other day--a DVD from Netflix which shows animals on the Serengeti giving birth. She tells, rather loudly (of course), how JT was born--"JT! That baby was bornded like when Mommy popped you out!" Now we have about 10 troops deciding they never want to have kids.

JT now has a migraine--he's eaten things with corn syrup the past few days, and it's showing. He is pale. He is upset that we are breathing, but we have no intention of stopping.

John gets there, our number is called (finally!) and we discover that when Daddy entered the information on the kids that Bryan's eyes are listed as green (they're blue), JT's eyes are listed as blue (they're green) and, according to Daddy, Bryan was born in a totally different year. And now JT is looking as green as his eyes.

The cards are in hand, John is on his way with TVA business, the kids and I are on the way to the commissary for groceries. Luci, surprisingly, is the best behaved of the bunch. JT is not looking well. After a very quick trip, we head to the PX for lunch and then to the car. JT got sick in the parking lot (thank goodness it's not in the car). I give JT Nyquil (not Feingold approved, but it works for him), then buy a bucket at the PX for the long trip home. Thankfully it's not needed.

Next time, how about I call you to come along for our adventure? Any takers? John definitely does not want to be in on our shopping/errands trips.

2 comments:

Julie Young said...

I think I will pass. HA!

Laurie said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! Sorry JT is not feeling well but happy he sees the ocnnection as to why. No prob on using the homeschool song...I received it from a friend.