Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last Night

We went to Epcot for dinner Friday night...here are some memories from the evening.

Bryan and JT. They look so friendly here.
Luci and Bryan while the band played at the Biergarten. They are doing the chicken dance or something like that--it involved a lot of arm flapping and clapping.

Dinner...we shared the table with a family from New Orleans. They homeschool, too. We had a nice conversation.
JT and Luci having more energy than is proper. John and I (but mostly me) were worn out by this time.




The fireworks at Epcot were beautiful, but too loud for one little girl.


Final thoughts: I like Epcot but it is too much like being on a school field trip. The only thing I liked at Epcot this time was Mulan. The park was open for "magic hours" for resort guests, so the boys and I got in line for Soarin', the new ride at Epcot. John and the boys loved it, so they thought I would, too. Okay--first of all I was dead-tired, we didn't get in line until 10 pm, and the line was 50 minutes long. And I was scared during the ride. I have only heard wonderful things about this ride so I didn't expect that! Didn't enjoy any aspect of it--the line, the tiredness and certainly not being up in the air zooming over mountains. Buffi, I'm sure you think I'm a wimp! And, I cannot stand German food! If Epcot had a Cracker Barrel, they'd make out like bandits. Next time we go to Disney, I want our last night to be at the Magic Kingdom. Pixie Dust is always a good way to end a trip.


3 comments:

Carla said...

Yes, Soarin' CAN be scary, but it is my favorite ride. Mission Space, on the other hand, is JM's favorite...and he'd go on it any time of day, after any meal, as many times in a row as we'd let him.

Next time...well, we need to talk. ;)

Denna said...

Love th pictures. You need to post some of you.:) Tell the boys to take some of you and John together.

Joan said...

Hmm, our final Disney night is to be at Epcot as well. We're eating in Morocco (yes, belly dancers!), I figured we could deal with shish-kabob. I don't like German food either.