Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Fancy Vittles

Okay, so on our Disney Cruise, every time we sat down to supper (because I don't call it "dinner"), I wished for a Cracker Barrel menu.  That's my kind of food.  Watching shows like "Iron Chef" (even the American version) make me queasy.  Some of the restaurants in China were a challenge for me.

Here we are at a resort and John wants to go out for dinner and leave the boys in charge of Luci.  We will only be a hundred yards or so away.  The boys can take Luci to play Disney's version of Bingo while we go out.  Yippee for them!

But me?  I don't like seafood, and John's taking me to a seafood buffet.  So I asked if I could see an alternative menu--there are only three items on it that are not seafood and contain sides such as "Truffle-infused Macaroni and Cheese," "Crimini Mushrooms," "Meyers Rum Spiked Boniato and Plantain Mash."  Did I mention that I prefer plain foods? 




Those entrees cost almost twice as much as the seafood buffet (which is very nice and has things on it that I actually recognize).  So I think I will go ahead and have the seafood buffet, too.  Because as much as I am not crazy about sea food, I am less crazy about spending money.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm not crazy about seafood either! ... And thankfully, neither is Joe! *lol*

We're all about the plain, less expensive too too.

Hope you're having a good trip!

http://scrapgrrl.com