We had to reschedule Luci's birthday party because of a day-long threat of tornadoes. We headed down to the safe room around 11 am this morning during one warning and I spent my time there calling mamas to reschedule for tomorrow. After the danger had passed, I came back up and un-set the birthday table.
Poor Luci does not understand. She just knows that TODAY is her birthday, TODAY is her party, and TODAY she turns six. She wailed, "Oh No! Now I'm not six!" and has spent some time in tears. A lot of time in tears. She thinks she is not six until she blows out the candles on her cake.
So, enter leftover cupcake with pink icing. I stuck six candles in it and we sang, "Happy Birthday" and she blew them out. Almost a happy girl now.
I asked her what she wished for, and she said, "More cash."
Oh dear. At least every other birthday she has will be easy to buy for--just insert dollar bills into the cards.

1 comment:
Aw! How disappointing!!! ... When my kids were little, they were the same way. They didn't understand that their party wasn't always the same day as their actual birthday. *lol*
http://scrapgrrl.com/
Post a Comment