Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm so glad

that we have a SIX year old girl! Today was lots of fun. Here are some shots from Luci's Princess Party. Guests were encouraged to dress up.

Luci said she wanted a wedding cake but she wasn't really getting married...I don't know...this looks a lot like a wedding dress to me! 

Jack tagged along with Kalyn.  So cute!


MOTB (mother of the bride...uh, I mean birthday girl!)


Mulan, Belle,  and Snow White showed up, too!

Kalyn, Kenzi, Luci and Hannah



Bryan took the photos.  That's all the explanation I have for this one.


Luci insisted on a game of "Pin the Tail on the Donkey."  I tried to talk her into "Pin the Tiara on the Princess," but she had her mind made up.  To her, a good birthday party includes this game.  I don't know why she had that bee in her bonnet, but it was loved by all the girls.  They wanted to play it TWICE.


Kalyn


Hannah


We had a tea party complete with some China from Luci's Nana and Great Grandmother!  All of the moms were nervous but I assured them that I love their little girls much more than the tea cups.  And everyone did great.  The girls acted like ladies while they were at the table.  They had mini quiches and sausage balls and spring rolls to nibble.  Sweet tea (not hot!) and lemonade were poured by a couple of the moms.







See?  A wedding cake, but it's not, and a Bride, but she's not.  I'm confused.





At the end, the girls made it out to Luci's treehouse for a photo.  All went well until the neighbor's three Labrador retrievers showed up.  Then it was SQUEAL!  SQUEAL!  SQUEAL!

pictured:  Kenzi, Mamie, Kalyn, Luci, Hannah, Gabby and Rachel.


All that's left of the not-wedding cake.  This is the first time I have been able to use my "fancy cake plate."  John says I just need to make more cakes.


Luci's first-ever friends birthday party was a success.  She and I are both happy.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad that she had such a great party! All the princesses are so adorable! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Toyin O. said...

Looks like a great party.

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com/