We started this "Thankful Tree" tradition back in 1998. Here is our 2007 tree, which tells more of the story. Every day each person who is in our home at supper time writes something he or she is thankful for on a paper leaf and we stick it on this "tree." You have to think of something new every evening. This year Luci is old enough to understand, so she will have to think of new things each day. Since we have trouble getting her to be quiet, I'm sure she will be able to fill up 25 or so leaves (until Thanksgiving, then we get out the Christmas stuff!!).
What I found really special about tonight is that Luci wanted to write her own "thankful" bit! She had a 15-word piece she wanted me to spell out letter-by-letter, which boiled down to she's thankful for the seasons God has made. So we shortened it to "Seasons." Then she drew a "fancy line" and signed her name. (I wrote the date.) I think I am going to be saving lots of leaves this year!
I had to include this photo, too. Luci wanted to pose "all silly."

1 comment:
You do this in November? ... It's very cool!!! What a wonderful idea!
http://scrapgrrl.com/
Post a Comment