Saturday, April 16, 2011

I am so excited!

This might not mean much to you, but it was an exciting discovery for me. Many people who adopt from China get to see the "finding place" of their child, and some get to meet the foster parents, if the child was in foster care.

Luci was not in foster care, so we didn't get to meet those who took care of her.  Ayis ("aunties," the orphanage workers), did not come with her to our meeting, either.  As far as we can understand from watching the video of that day, the orphanage directors were there.  (Lest you think I am a total fool for not knowing exactly, that was a hugely emotional day and details sometimes get lost on days like that.  Even on video.)

Well, on Luci's paperwork, it is translated as saying, "Saji Town" as the town where she was found.  The orphanage director said that it was too far from the orphanage to go to (about 3 hours further), so he could take the other two families to their spots, but not ours.  He also insisted that Luci is from the Bouyei minority.  I have always thought Luci is from the Miao Minority--she looks so Miao that others have commented on that, too.

Tonight I was just clicking on different links I had in my favorites list and this popped up:

I had never seen that listing before, with the Minorities listed on the map.  Zip, Pop, Pow! I was wide awake after seeing this! The place in the near middle of the photos is called, "Luzhi Tequ," which is the area of Liuzhi, the town where Luci's orphanage is.

Down near the bottom-middle of the photo is "Sazhi Yizu Bouyei Ethnic Minority."  I think that is Saji Town!  The differences in spelling?  Why, you try translating Chinese characters into English.  Since we have never known where, this is a very big find. 

I can't wait to show Luci tomorrow.

Apologies for the poor photograph.  I cannot figure out how to capture the screen and then open the Paint program to paste it and save it.  My computer-whiz is in the basement, busy in the Man Cave.  So you have a photograph.  :)  I wanted to document it because next time I click on the link, it is sure to be something else that pops up.

Terrain (double click to see the image bigger):

No comments: