Thursday, April 07, 2011

Today

I have really enjoyed today. 

Thursdays are our day to go help at our Friendship Center at church.  John had a job out of town and left before we did.  (He called an hour ago and said they just got done and would be heading home--two and a half hours from here, so he'll be home around Luci's bedtime.)

The boys got up without arguing with me, or each other.  That made it a great day from the start.  There was more than usual work to do at the Center, so we worked for nearly three hours solid.  Usually we are ready to leave after two hours. That good work felt good. 

Then, the trip home with peace in the van.

Cleaned out the van, with the boys' help (again, peace).  Luci and I washed the van--she learned how to scrub the floor mats and did a great job!  Luci had a lot of fun, and so did I.  And we didn't get too wet, either.

Bryan even mowed the front yard when I asked, without any griping.

At supper (John was not home yet), the boys sat next to each other (gasp! dare we try it?) and more peace.  I was thankful and mentioned that in our blessing for the meal.

It was so nice to hear the conversation (the tone of it, not the topic; they talked about video games!) because they were so nice to each other. 

JT even offered to play outside with Luci (she's been begging ever since the van was finished) and they are out there playing Army (Luci's choice, can you believe it?).

I could get used to this.

No comments: