at 4:05 a.m. this morning?
We were in our tornado shelter, our safe room in the basement.
Today we have a big system moving through, and I am scared stiff. Trying to hide the nervousness from Luci, who has recently been diagnosed as "O.C.D., hyper-vigilant, and high-anxiety." Like i need her to be more nervous than she already is! She's like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rockers on normal days. Add tornadic weather, and, well, it's not fun around here.
Except for right now--JT is keeping Luci calm by wrassling with her in the master bedroom (I was going to say, "on my bed," but since I still sleep with Luci in the living room....). They are watching the Disney channel's Junior programming...how calm is that?
Very early this morning, as I woke from the NOAA weather radio siren, I noticed something. I am the only person in our house who can hear the blasted thing! It is loud, and annoying, and my mommy-brain can not block that out. Maybe because it sounds a lot like children whining about their siblings. "M-o-o-o-o-o-o-m! Come NOW!"
So I herded the family to our safe room, and watched Luci entertain us for the duration of the warning (45 minutes worth). One child, who shall remain nameless but has red hair and the initials J.T., was such a grumpy-Gus (no offense intended to any of you named "Gus."). Bryan told him, "You are the last person on Earth I'd want to share an apocalyptic event with!"
Keep us and all of us in the South in your prayers today. It looks like it could be a very bad day.

No comments:
Post a Comment