Luci helped me with the crossword puzzle today:
Yesterday, Luci found her doll cake pan. I bought it for last year's cake (it was going to be a princess cake) but she decided on a wedding cake instead. All day yesterday she pestered me. I think she's more stubborn than I am (and that's saying a LOT). I caved. Here is the mermaid cake we came up with last night. I did not have the correct tips for sea shells or the fishy scales that mermaids have, so here is my best shot. I also made her more modest than the cake decorations asked for. I used India Tree natural food coloring, and could not match the colors in the Wilton directions. Luci was happy with our results, so that's all that matters. She had fun helping me ice the cake.
At one point last night, I heard Luci tell her daddy, "I have mommy wrapped around my little finger!"
Yup.

No comments:
Post a Comment