Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tooth Fairy Time!

Luci won't let me touch her loose teeth ever since the fiasco of last year--where I tied a piece of dental floss on a very loose tooth, yanked, and then the tooth was still stuck in her precious mouth.  OUCH.  So I don't touch them any more, not even to wiggle them.


Tonight, while eating grilled cheese, Luci's latest tooth fell out!  I am some cook, huh? 


The other front tooth is a tiny bit wiggly and I am encouraging her to wiggle it out ASAP so she can be our Christmas card this year, with the caption, "All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth."  I told her that was a famous song.  She thinks I made the song up, just to get her to pull more teeth.  Even after finding this cute rendition on youtube, she still thinks I'm making it up.  Maybe if I show her the Alvin and the Chipmunks version, she'll believe me.  After all, those guys are stars.


In China, they do something different with children's teeth.  When a tooth from the bottom is lost, you want the new tooth to grow up, so the baby tooth is thrown over the house to encourage the new one to grow upward.  When the tooth is from the top, it is planted in the ground to encourage the new tooth to grow downward.  I asked Luci what she wanted to do--the Chinese version or the American version.  She replied (rather quickly), "I want the dollar."



What do you know?  The Tooth Fairy snuck in while she was in bed, not quite asleep!  Luci spent some time looking under the furniture for the fairy--surely she could not have gotten away so quickly.




One time, though, we almost caught the Tooth Fairy! 


JT had lost a tooth and hid it under his pillow.  The next morning, he came to me all mad because the Tooth Fairy forgot!  I was in the dog house.  What to do?



Oh My!  I ran to the front door, yanked it open, and what do you know?!  The Tooth Fairy dropped all of her coins and scurried off into the woods!  Apparently she was running late.  Luci and JT were right there with me as I opened the door.  Luci is still certain that she saw the Fairy flying off into the trees.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's so cute! ... We never did get around to doing any tooth fairy things or anything. I always just snapped some pictures and put their tooth away (I saved them all), and that was that. Such lazy parents we are. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com/