Saturday, November 19, 2011

Prius Update

We've driven 3,345 miles since taking delivery of the Prius on September 26.  Three-thousand miles plus in less than two months! 

During September, we spent $239.56 on gas for the Odyssey minivan.  Just trips back and forth to town during that month, and one trip to Huntsville (75 miles away). 

During October, we spent $139.52 on gas for the Prius--with the normal trips to town, and three trips to Huntsville, plus one trip to Memphis (3 1/2 hours away)! 

I can live with that. 

One thing we missed from the minivan is the DVD player.  One of Luci's presents for her birthday was a DVD player for the car.  So now she gets to watch her movies and I can listen to the radio!  Any station I want!  Plus, we have Sirius XM satellite radio, so I can listen to just about anything I want and not lose the signal.  We traveled to Birmingham (2 1/2 hours away) twice this month for field trips and I did not have to hunt for another station as we traveled.  Oh, the luxury!

I told Luci we'd be able to go on more field trips once we had a car with better mileage.  And we have--at least SIX in two months!  Lotsa fun!

Another thing I am really liking is the built-in GPS mapping.  We've found every field trip destination with no problems whatsoever.  So nice to have it built in and not falling off the window like our other little machine does.  Mine does not chide me when I go 4 miles over the speed limit, either.  That's another thing in its favor.  (Uh, no, Dad, I don't speed!  Don't know why I'd know about that nasty tattle-tale thing on the other GPS unit.)

Now you know what I am thankful for today, as we get closer to Thanksgiving. Our little car with the great gas mileage. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's awesome! Wish we could get one...

http://scrapgrrl.com/